Hair care tips:
1. Use very little shampoo or no shampoo at all. I have given up shampoo for the last 3 years now and my hair is as healthy as ever. Washing with water is enough. Or honey. Or a little baking soda mixed in water.
Even if you do use shampoo, make sure to rinse it all off. Don’t let any residue of shampoo or conditioner behind in your hair.
2. Don’t wash your hair too often. Twice in a week is enough.
3. Keep your hair tangle free. Comb or brush every day and do a light massage on your scalp with your fingertips. Don’t move individual fingertips, move your scalp using four fingers. Using a little oil(preferably coconut) for the daily massage is really beneficial. Apply a little oil on the ends of your hair as well.
4. Eat sprouts daily. Mung, masoor(red lentil) and black gram (chana) sprouts are easy to make and should be consumed on a regular basis to obtain protein, calcium, vitamin c and iron for healthy hair growth.
5. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Eat any 3-4 fruits every day. Try to eat different fruits on different days of the week. Green leafy vegetables like spinach are good for your hair.
6. Drink a glass of lemon juice every morning on empty stomach for Vitamin C and for removal of toxins.
7. Consume eggs, fish, yoghurt, cottage cheese(paneer) and soy regularly.
8. Don’t tie your hair too tight. Never use rubber bands on your hair. Avoid hair clips and pins that pull or tug at your hair.
9. Twice a week, lightly heat little olive oil(carefully), and massage this on your scalp very well. Massage for at least 15-20 minutes. Now, dip a towel( small, preferably hand towel) in hot water, squeeze the excess water out and tie it over your head covering all hair and leave it for at least 2 hours before shampooing. Overnight is best.
10. If you are short on time, use little honey and olive oil, mix together and massage thoroughly, leave it on for half an hour before bath and shampoo as usual.
11. Avoid too much exposure to heat and chemicals. Try to air dry your hair instead of using a blow dryer. Frequent dyeing and styling can be harmful to hair.
12. Take calcium and iron supplements with the approval of your doctor.
13. Always tie your hair in a 3-strand regular braid when going to bed. This prevents tangles and hair loss.
14. Exercise, don’t stress and be happy.
What is your favourite hair care tip?