What my two-month old baby taught me?
1. Patience. Lot of patience. I think Allah swt blesses mothers with lot of patience along with the baby. I am amazed by my patience with my baby.
2. Selflessness. Yes, It’s not about me anymore. It’s always about the baby. Baby always comes first. Not me.
3. Functioning without sleep. I can survive sleepless nights and days that go on forever. I can still function. I don’t need 10 hours sleep a night to be active the next day.
4. Value of time. I realize how precious my time is, since it no longer belongs to me alone. My baby has taken all my time so I have become very cautious about my time.
5. Value of parents: My love, patience and kindness towards my parents has increased more because now I know, NOW I truly know. The way I run whenever my baby cries, I should run whenever my parents call me. The way I make sure, baby is perfectly taken care of, I must make sure my parents needs are also met. The way I never want my baby to cry, I must try my best to keep my parents happy and never let them cry. The way I put my baby first, the way I place his needs before mine, I must do the same with my parents. The way my baby needs my love, care and attention; my parents too need these from me. The sacrifices I make for my baby, everyday sacrifice of sleep and time, the occasional sacrifices of opportunities and fun; I must make the same for my parents and more. My baby has not only made me a mother but also made me a better daughter. Alhumdulillah. Whenever you make dua, make sure you always pray for your parents.