Chicken Bhuna Masala (Dry) (Medium Spicy)
1. Chicken 800g
2. Garam Masala
Bay Leaf. 2-3
3. Red chillies. 5-6
4. Garlic 5-6 pieces
6. Yoghurt 1 cup
1. Soak some red chillies in water for 2 hours.
2. Take all garam masala, red chillies with garlic and blend them in grinder.
3. Add salt and this powder to 1 cup yoghurt. (The key in this recipe is to take only very little yoghurt.)
4. Add this paste to chicken and mix/rub well.
Tip : for good marination, plz make sure the chicken is completely thawed and pat dry the pieces with paper towel. Dry chicken absorbs marinade well. Also, make cuts in the chicken for better absorption of marinade.
5. Marinate in Fridge for 2-6 hours. The longer you marinate, the tastier it gets. But not more than 6 hours of course.
6. After marination, remove just the pieces leaving excess masala in the bowl.
7. Heat oil and fry this pieces ( ). Cover if needed.
8. Fry until all the moisture dries.
9. Then add remaining masala and cook(covered) until whole masala dries completely. Remember to keep stirring in between. (Takes about 20 mins)
10. Add chopped coriander and mint in the end.